The holidays are here and along with the lights, music and numerous holiday parties many of us are tasked with buying gifts... a lot of them... for friends, family and more. While some people are easy to shop for, others leave us scratching our heads and stressing out.
At WRP, we say "stress no more!" There are so many local businesses that offer delicious food, unique gifts, fun experiences and even the opportunity to relax (gasp!). Check out these gift ideas and remember that when you shop local you are impacting our economy and supporting people within our community. We think that in itself is truly a gift!
An Experiential Gift
- Ocean Fire Pottery in York, Maine: Check out their variety of classes and give that as a gift to the creative person on your list! For the not so creative, they have some beautiful pieces you can purchase.
- Wiggly Bridge Distillery in York, Maine: Belly up to the bar for a monthly cocktail class and learn the tips and tricks of home bartending. Not only is it a fun gift to give someone, but you can also tag along! (Sidenote: Please check out our Meet the Wiggly Distillery blog post!)
A Relaxing Gift
- Ameday Nails & Spa in York, Maine: Word has it they give a great massage, facial and mani/pedis. Be sure to check out their Spa Day Specials and consider a girls relaxation day or gift certificate.
- Liz Avery Massage in York, Maine: After the holidays are over a massage is well needed (and deserved). Pair a massage gift certificate with a bottle of wine from My Winey Sister or a gift certificate to grab a warm drink and pastry at The Central Bean and Bakery. (Bonus: Liz Avery is giving away a $10 gift card each time you purchase a massage gift card this holiday season.)
The Gift of Health
- Village Classical Acupuncture in York, Maine: Give someone you care about a gift certificate here and they will feel rejuvenated, healthy and relaxed - all in one!
Give Something Unique and Personal
- Tayla Mac in Kittery, Maine: This warm, yet hip, boutique is one of those places that you won't want to leave. Allow yourself some time to browse their eclectic collection and pick out some gifts that are sure to please so many people on your shopping list. (Bonus: Many of Tayla Mac's vendors are based out of Maine. This brings shopping local to a whole new level!)
- The Daisy Trading Company in York, Maine: There is something for everyone at Daisy Trading! With two floors warmly filled with signs, furniture, unique gifts and more, you'll feel so at home that you won't want to leave.
- Hilton's Gifts and Decor in York, Maine: Classy rustic is the name of the game at Hilton's! Check them out for signs, wall art and other beautifully crafted wooden gifts.
- Wentworth Greenhouses in Rollingsford, New Hampshire: Pick up a gift certificate good for their many products or one of their events (wouldn't wreath making be fun!?) or if you like to give a physical gift consider a nice floral arrangement, holiday decoration or bulbs/seeds for the snowbirds on your list!
- York Flower Shop in York, Maine: Check out this full service shop for hostess gifts, floral arrangements or other unique gifts that will surely catch your eye. Not sure what to buy? Gift certificates are always a hit.
- York Weekly Subscription: Buying a gift for a news junkie or perhaps someone new to the area? This is a great gift that will have them thinking of you every time they read the paper!
A Gift to Please Any Foodie
- Lil's Cafe in Kittery, Maine: If the way to a person's heart is through food, a gift from Lil's Cafe is a sure fire way to get there fast! Pick up some sweet and savory nosh for an upcoming event or drop it off to a friend, family, client or teacher.
- Beach Pea Baking Co. in Kittery, Maine: If special is the name of the game then Beach Pea has you covered! Not only is their food a yummy treat, but they also offer daily specials including a soup of the day! Why not treat someone to one of the experiences mentioned above and then swing in for a meal sure to please any palate.
- Stonewall Kitchen in York, Maine: Do we need to say more? ;-) Okay, we will. Stonewall Kitchen is the perfect place to grab a bite and pick up a gift (they have dozens of premade baskets and gift sets or you can put together your own!). If you are buying for a foodie or master chef (wannabes are welcome too) consider a gift certificate for one of their cooking classes.
Where are you favorites places to shop and gifts to give? We'd love to know!
Williams Realty Partners of Keller Williams Coastal Realty is the number one Keller Williams Team in Northern New England. WRP is a full-service team collaborating to bring buyers and sellers together. With this structure, our agents get to spend their time doing what they do best: working with clients to provide an exceptional experience whether buying or selling a home.